Community, Influence, Story
My new book, Mastering Story, Community & Influence: How To Use Social Media to Become a Socialeader is now available for purchase from Amazon.co.uk.
I owe a debt of gratitude to my community of amazing people whom I’ve met online, and through social media related offline events, who’ve helped me gain so much more understanding about this subject than I ever could have on my own.…
I am excited to announce that I will soon be teaching a 10-week course for General Assembly in Hong Kong. If you are looking to improve your digital marketing skills, then this is the course for you.
We will cover:
- Marketing and Business Strategy
- Customer Experience and Brand Insight
- Introduction to Marketing Analytics
- Metrics, Sources and Statistics
- Segmentation, Targeting and Tracking
- Testing and Experimentation
- Storytelling: Presenting and Communicating Data and Information
- Improving User Experience
- Growth Hacking
- Developing Great Content
- Mobile and Tablets
- Post-Acquisition Strategies: Activation and Retention
- Community Management
- Social Media Marketing and Advertising
- Paid Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Miscellaneous Marketing Channels
- Mobile and Tablet Marketing
- And a final presentation made by each of the students in the class.
Meet Social Currents: the new video series discussing the social media news of the week featuring myself and co-founders of HKSocial. We will be broadcasting live every Friday at 1pm HKT (GMT +8) via Google+ Hangout On Air. You can join the live conversation (or view past ones) here: socialcurrents.tv
Don't just Tell. Perform!
To stand any chance at making a name for ourselves in the Social Age, our story must be something so valued that others will be willing to seek it out. We can’t just slap together the same old marketing drivel and expect to make an impact.…
What Is Influence
It’s hard not to get a bit excited about accolades. I’ve been on lists before. It’s always an honor to be curated amongst others whom you respect deeply. But being ranked #22 on The Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers list definitely made me say, “Wow!”
But it’s important to put into context what is really happening here.…